- Overall Rating:
- Price on Company’s Website: $17 – $30
- Available on:
For USA Customers: Shop now at Amazon.com
For UK Customers: Shop now at Amazon.co.uk
DenTek Dental Guards Description
DenTek offers two effective dental guards to combat bruxism (teeth grinding). Both products were constructed using the least amount of material possible, to ensure a comfortable fit. The dental guards work to keep your upper and lower teeth apart, preventing unconscious grinding.
one of the products is fully adjustable. Soak in boiling water before biting down, creating an impression of your teeth. There is also an adjustable strap on each side of the device. The dental guards should be cleaned daily and can easily be dried hygienically with quick use of a standard hair dryer. There can be discomfort when you first start using the dental guard. This is because it is a tightly fitting appliance and it will take a little time for your body to become used to using it.
1. DenTek Professional Fit Dental Guard
The DenTek Custom ‘Professional Fit’ model is clear, and also designed for use on the upper set of teeth. It has a dual layer of materials. It features soft material on the inner layer, for comfort and an easy fit. The outer layer has a hard, durable surface. This provides added protection and extends the life of the product.
2. DenTek Comfort Fit model
The DenTek Comfort Fit model is a dental guard designed for a lower-jaw fit. However, consumers report that they have successfully molded it to fit either the upper or lower teeth. It has a wear indicator so that you can easily gauge when it is time to discard and replace it. Its retention band ensures that it stays firmly in place while you sleep.
- The dental guard is designed to be worn on your lower set of teeth while you sleep, but can be molded for use on the upper teeth as well, according to consumer reports.
- There is an adjustable strap on each side of the dental guard. You also need to mold the dental guard yourself, using the instructions provided with the product.
- DenTek dental guards are easily cleaned in warm water, using a toothbrush and toothpaste or mouthwash.
Pros & Cons:
- The durable surface of the DenTek Custom Comfort model gives durability and allows for a long period of usage.
- The company offers a 1-year, money back guarantee on the product.
- With each product costing less than $20.00 USD, DenTek dental guards are exponentially cheaper than having your personal dentist make a custom mouth guard for you.
- Although the website says it was constructed with the least amount of material possible, numerous consumers report that the DenTek dental guards feel a little bulky.
- The ridge between the two types of material used in the inner and outer layers is quite noticeable and could lead to some discomfort in sensitive users.
- Tightly fitting dental guards such as this one can trap acidic saliva against your teeth all night. In some cases, this can lead to cavities. You need to be scrupulously careful about cleaning the dental guard because it fits so tightly.
We don’t actually sell any products at MouthGuardsForTeethGrinding.com, we just evaluate and review them. But we do look for the best dealers and prices on the internet and the best price for the DenTek Dental Guard seems to be found on Amazon.
DenTek Oral Care, Inc. Attn: Customer Service 307 Excellence Way Maryville, TN 37801
View Larger Map
Reviews and Testimonials
We value your input and would appreciate learning about your experience and suggestions. Your own review and feedback would help other people with bruxism to chose the best guard for their needs.
These are the reviews and testimonials we received from the real users of the Dentek Dental Guard customers. We hope that they will help you decide if this is the right product for you.