- Overall Rating:
- Price Range: $19.95 ($29.95 twin pack)
- Available on: Amazon
SmartGuard Night Guard Description
This is an over-the-counter dental guard, specifically marketed to address headaches and other symptoms caused by TMJ. TMJ, short for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder, is a dysfunction of the ball and socket joint that connects the jawbone to the skull.
It’s a disorder that can lead to headaches, popping or clicking of the joint, ear pain and even trouble eating comfortably. Nightly teeth grinding can also lead to TMJ. The SmartGuard Night Guard doesn’t allow your back teeth to touch, so symptoms of TMJ are alleviated and teeth grinding is prevented. The SmartGuard boasts a patented, “Gag Free” design, and is able to be molded at home before wear.
How to Mold the Night Guard?
How Do I Know Which Night Guard is Best for Me?
1. The SmartGuard Elite
Launched in January 2012, is more adaptable to different mouth shapes. Its abilities to vastly improve popping, clicking and lockjaw symptoms have also been refined from the Original model. This model is only available for a limited time on its own. It will shortly only be available from dentists or as part of the “Combo” pack.
2. SmartGuard Original Twin Pack
This cost-effective twin pack contains two Smart Guards, at a reduced price.
- Worn on the upper teeth while you sleep.
- Relieves TMJ symptoms and bruxism by preventing the back molars from touching.
- An upgraded version, the SmartGuard Elite, was launched in January 2012. This is particularly aimed at TMJ sufferers who experience joint popping or clicking.
Pros & Cons
- Night guard stays firmly in place, causing no gagging
- Users report a drastic reduction in headaches.
- Other common TMJ symptoms relieved by this night guard include jaw pain and ringing in the ears.
- Also reduces nightly teeth grinding and clenching.
- Users with small mouth size report that this night guard is too wide and bulky, causing some discomfort
- The molding process for the SmartGuard Elite is more difficult than for the Original; there are videos on the website to address this issue.
We don’t actually sell any products at MouthGuardsForTeethGrinding.com, we just evaluate and review them. But we do look for the best dealers and prices on the internet and the best price for the SmartGuard night guard seems to be found here.
Reviews and Testimonials
We value your input and would appreciate learning about your experience and suggestions. Your own review and feedback would help other people with bruxism to chose the best guard for their needs.
These are the reviews and testimonials we received from the real users of the The SmartGuard Night Guard customers. We hope that they will help you decide if this is the right product for you.