- Overall Rating:
- Price on Company’s Website: $65 – $95
- Available on: Shop now at Amazon
- Useful Coupons: N/A
If you habitually grind your teeth and wake every morning with a headache and pain in your jaw, you need a mouth guard. SportingSmiles has a range of custom products that have a goal of protecting your smile, take away the pain and prevent further damage to your teeth. While custom made, SportingSmiles guards are affordable and priced reasonably while still offering high quality expected from a custom made guard.
There are six different mouth guards to fit all individual needs. The process is simple and fast and with a little effort, bypassing expensive dentist’s visits, you can have a great fitting, comfortable mouth guard that will make your teeth grinding problems a thing of the past.
How it Works?
It all starts with a self- impression kit which you will receive in the mail:
With simple instructions, the kit allows you to take accurate impression of your teeth and send it to the SportingSmiles dental facilities.
The Self Impression Kit contains:
- Set of impression material (Part A & B)
- Adjustable impression tray (Fits all sizes)
- Return bag
- Instructions pamphlet
- Return form
- Prepaid postage return label
The quality of the impression will depend on your careful reading about each step, so follow instructions to the letter.
- Step 1 – Make sure that your teeth are clean before taking the impression.
- Step 2 – Adjust the tray so that it fits your mouth perfectly. The tray can be adjusted by pulling the upper and lower half apart. You can also snap off pieces of the plastic at the rear of the tray to make the tray smaller. Make sure that your teeth are centered in the impression tray.
- Step 3 – Mix parts A and B of the impression material vigorously until the mix has uniform color. Try to do this as fast as possible, in about 20 seconds.
- Step 4 – Roll the impression material into a four to five inch tube.
- Step 5 – Place it into the tray and press the tray firmly to your teeth. The teeth should be settled evenly in the impression material.
- Step 6 – The material will harden in about four minutes. Try not to move during this time. Once the material is hard to the touch, you can remove it.
- Step 7 – Remove the impression tray by pulling it up or down in a single motion.
The company has a full time lab technician, who has more than 15 years experience. He will be the one to make your mouth guard from the impressions you sent. The technician is supervised by a qualified dentist with more than 30 years experience. Highly skilled staff ensures the exceptional quality of the mouth guards made by SportingSmiles.
Different Types of Mouth Guards:
1. Soft Night Teeth Grinding Guard ($65):
Soft Night Teeth Grinding Guard is made from a single layer of 0,12 inch thick clear soft laminate. It is designed for light teeth grinding and heavy clenching. It can be ordered for upper or lower teeth.
Shop now at Amazon
2. Single Hard Night Teeth Grinding Guard ($75):
Single Hard Night Teeth Grinding Guard is made from a single layer of 0.04 inch clear ultra thin, solid hard laminate. It is designed for light bruxism or teeth grinding, or for those teeth grinders who do not like the bulky feeling of a standard night guard. This night guard can be ordered for upper or lower teeth.
Shop now at Amazon
3. Dual Laminate Teeth Grinding Night Guard ($85):
Dual laminate night guard is made from two materials that are fused into one. Soft interior layer, one millimeter (0.04 inches) thick ensures comfort, and the harder external layer, 2mm (0.08 inches) thick, makes the guard very durable and strong. This type of mouth guard is designed for people with moderate to severe teeth grinding and light to moderate clenching. This laminate is made by a positive pressure forming machine, instead of vacuum used by competitors. This allows the guard to ensure the tightest possible fit.
Shop now at Amazon
4. Dual Laminate Teeth Grinding Day Guard BackCut ($90):
Dual Laminate Teeth Grinding Day Guard BackCut is trimmed for exceptional comfort. It is made of two materials fused together: a soft interior layer, 0.04 inches thick, which ensures perfect comfort, and the 0.08 inches thick harder external layer, which ensures durability and strength. This guard is suitable for people with moderate to severe teeth grinding and light teeth clenching.
Shop now at Amazon
5. Custom Flexible Super Hard Night Guard ($90):
Custom Flexible Super Hard Night Guard is the strongest SportingSmile night guard. It is constructed of flexible but very strong material, similar to a soft guard, but surviving even the strongest grinding. The guard is not only strong, but flexible enough to ensure great comfort that is comparable with that of dual laminate guard. This type of night guard is designed for people with moderate to severe teeth grinding and clenching.
Available At Amazon – Click Here
6. Custom Flexible Super Hard Day Guard (Backcut) ($95):
Custom Flexible Super Hard Day Guard (Backcut) is custom trimmed to ensure comfort. It is made from a new modern flexible but very strong material. While similar to a soft guard, this night guard can endure the most severe cases of grinding or clenching. Its flexibility makes it much more comfortable than regular dual laminate guards. This type of night guard is suitable for people with moderate to severe and very severe grinding and clenching. This guard is the strongest of all night guards produced by SportingSmiles.
Shop now at Amazon
How to Choose the Right Guard For Me?
Before deciding which night guard is the best for you, you need to learn more about your particular type of bruxism or teeth grinding. While some guards are designed for preventing the grinding, others are more suitable for preventing clenching. On the other hand, some are made to work with both problems.
- If you suffer from both clenching and light grinding, you should choose Soft Night Guard (No. 1)
- For people with light grinding, Single Layer Hard Night Guard (No. 2) is the best option. Made from 0.04 inches layer of a dense material, this guard is the best kind if you prefer thinner guard to more bulky type.
- If you are a heavy grinder, or suffer from moderate teeth clenching, the best option for you is Dual Laminate Night Guard (No. 3 or No. 4). It is 0.12 inches thick and is made of inner 0.04 inches thick soft inner layer and 0.08 inches thick harder outer shell.
- For severe night grinders and people with very strong clenching habit, the best guard is Hard Flexible Night Guard (No. 5 or No. 6). It offers maximum protection of its 0.12 inches thick very dense material, combined with the sufficient flexibility.
Most people find that an upper guard is more comfortable than a lower guard. The reason for that is that the upper guard comes into much less contact with the tongue. Some people claim that the lower guard allows them better sleep. While both upper and lower guards provide the same protection for your teeth, it is up to you to decide which type of guard you find more comfortable.
- All night guards are custom-made in a certified dental lab
- The production of guards is supervised by a qualified dentist
- The teeth impressions are made by a customer in his own home from provided materials, using clear, simple instructions
- Clients can reorder if not satisfied with the final product
- Six different types of guards ensure that there is a model suitable for any type of teeth clenching or grinding, regardless of severity.
- All guards are BPA, BPS, DEHP, and latex free
- 30 day satisfaction guarantee
Pros & Cons:
- Custom made for each client, but much cheaper than custom guards made by dentists;
- Six options for all types and severity of teeth grinding and clenching;
- Simple impression kit ensures perfect fit.;
- Free shipping and fast delivery;
- Discounted reorder within a year (If you ordered your first guard within the last year, they can use your original impression to make you a new one at 30 percents off standard price);
- Each customer gets a 30 day satisfaction guarantee
- The quality of teeth impression depends on each customer and on careful reading of instructions;
- Impersonal, online ordering without direct consultation with the dentists. The much lower price, and the qualified dentists’ supervision more than compensates for that.
Sporting Smiles LLC, 20100 W Greenfield Ave, Brookfield, WI 53045
View Larger Map
Write your own review or feedback!
We value your opinion. If you have used one of the SportingSmiles custom mouth guards, please send us your feedback. We will be happy to share your experience with other people suffering from bruxism and help them find the best product for their needs.