- Overall Rating:
- Price on Company’s Website: $17 – $30
- Available on:
For USA Customers: Shop now at Amazon.com
For UK Customers: Shop now at Amazon.co.uk
DenTek Dental Guards Description
DenTek offers two effective dental guards to combat bruxism (teeth grinding). Both products were constructed using the least amount of material possible, to ensure a comfortable fit. The dental guards work to keep your upper and lower teeth apart, preventing unconscious grinding.
one of the products is fully adjustable. Soak in boiling water before biting down, creating an impression of your teeth. There is also an adjustable strap on each side of the device. The dental guards should be cleaned daily and can easily be dried hygienically with quick use of a standard hair dryer. There can be discomfort when you first start using the dental guard. This is because it is a tightly fitting appliance and it will take a little time for your body to become used to using it.
1. DenTek Professional Fit Dental Guard
The DenTek Custom ‘Professional Fit’ model is clear, and also designed for use on the upper set of teeth. It has a dual layer of materials. It features soft material on the inner layer, for comfort and an easy fit. The outer layer has a hard, durable surface. This provides added protection and extends the life of the product.
2. DenTek Comfort Fit model
The DenTek Comfort Fit model is a dental guard designed for a lower-jaw fit. However, consumers report that they have successfully molded it to fit either the upper or lower teeth. It has a wear indicator so that you can easily gauge when it is time to discard and replace it. Its retention band ensures that it stays firmly in place while you sleep.
- The dental guard is designed to be worn on your lower set of teeth while you sleep, but can be molded for use on the upper teeth as well, according to consumer reports.
- There is an adjustable strap on each side of the dental guard. You also need to mold the dental guard yourself, using the instructions provided with the product.
- DenTek dental guards are easily cleaned in warm water, using a toothbrush and toothpaste or mouthwash.
Pros & Cons:
- The durable surface of the DenTek Custom Comfort model gives durability and allows for a long period of usage.
- The company offers a 1-year, money back guarantee on the product.
- With each product costing less than $20.00 USD, DenTek dental guards are exponentially cheaper than having your personal dentist make a custom mouth guard for you.
- Although the website says it was constructed with the least amount of material possible, numerous consumers report that the DenTek dental guards feel a little bulky.
- The ridge between the two types of material used in the inner and outer layers is quite noticeable and could lead to some discomfort in sensitive users.
- Tightly fitting dental guards such as this one can trap acidic saliva against your teeth all night. In some cases, this can lead to cavities. You need to be scrupulously careful about cleaning the dental guard because it fits so tightly.
We don’t actually sell any products at MouthGuardsForTeethGrinding.com, we just evaluate and review them. But we do look for the best dealers and prices on the internet and the best price for the DenTek Dental Guard seems to be found on Amazon.
DenTek Oral Care, Inc. Attn: Customer Service 307 Excellence Way Maryville, TN 37801
View Larger Map
Reviews and Testimonials
We value your input and would appreciate learning about your experience and suggestions. Your own review and feedback would help other people with bruxism to chose the best guard for their needs.
These are the reviews and testimonials we received from the real users of the Dentek Dental Guard customers. We hope that they will help you decide if this is the right product for you.
- Top 5 Dental Labs For Custom Mouth Guards - March 30, 2020
- denLAB Direct – Dental Lab Full Review - June 27, 2016
- SleepGuard Biofeedback Headband | Full Review - June 16, 2016
Don’t buy your wasting your money. I’ve been calling for weeks now and no one picks up. Also the press 1 if you would like a call back doesn’t work. The professional-fit dental guard has a money back guarantee or replacement. Yet, there is no way to reach someone to do this.
The guard I bought did not fit and was uncomfortable. The claim for a refund was never honored nor were follow up requests.
I have a DenTek Comfort-Fit Dental Guard it works great. No snoring but the adjustment keeps sliding back and is fully extending by the end of the night. Any ideas on how to prevent the adjustment from sliding would be greatly appreciated.
This product did not work for my TMJ. They did offer money back in the instructions I emailed them with my receipts and barcode and the email came back undelivered three times. I tried calling the company for my refund was on hold for 15 minutes. If they will not give me a refund they should state it I would’ve never bought this product. This product it have good reviews but not from me.
Absolute rubbish , I’ll fitting , bulky, loose fitting, So bad it gets spit out as soon as I fall asleep. Would have been better off spending £3 for one of those boil and fit guards. Don’t waste your time or money.
What is the blue model
The one in blue package thatvsaysDentech professional fit dental God maximum detection or the Vantech one that is not the clear plastic one but it’s got all light blue Bandan front and then what looks like to x-ray thingamajig he’s which would fit on both the right and left side of the mouth can someone please tell me
I found where the adjuster band meets the bite plate, there are ridges and they dug into my gums, causing pain and discomfort and sores.
I just want to make sure that the DenTex Costume Comfort (blue package) is suppose to be worn on your bottom teeth.
After 5 years of using my custom night guard and numerous adjustments, I decided to try Dentek’s custom fit night guard. Wow! What a difference!! I needed something with a bit more cushion to it as the adjustments to my hard resin guard had begun to make it uncomfortable to wear so I’m glad I made the switch. My dentist was against it but that’s probably because I’m not shelling $500 for a new one!
I do not have a long experience with the Dentek dental guard since I just bought mine, but so far so good. I tried it out and it feels very comfortable. I was told by a friend to make sure to buy the blue model, which everybody says is much better than clear one.
I have tried practically all over-the-counter dental guards and until I found Dentek Dental guard I was ready to give up and order an expensive custom model. Fortunately, Dentek guard fits me perfectly and I seem to be grinding much less, at least the pain in the morning is almost gone. I read the reviews before I ordered my guard and I made sure to order the blue model, since everyone is raving about it. Try it, you have nothing to lose. The company offers a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, but if you are like me, you will want to keep it. It is a great product.
This is in my experience an excellent product. It adjusts to your mouth after you boil it, and it even has little straps on the side to hold better. It is the only guard I will ever use for my bruxism. I just hope it lasts, because my jaws are so strong I went through quite a number of mouth guards before.