- Overall Rating:
- Price on Company’s Website: $10 – $12
- Available on: Shop now at Amazon
Archtek Grind Guard Description
The Archtek Grind Guard is a hygienic dental guard that comes with its own ‘clam-shell’ package. It is recommended that you use it for the top set of teeth. Instructions for molding are also included. It is thermoformed, using Form-Fit technology, which enables a comfortable fit once you heat the dental guard in boiling water for about eight seconds, according to the instructions. You then allow it to cool slightly, and bite down into it in order to mold an impression of your teeth.
The product is clear in color, and has a smooth surface for maximum comfort when worn inside the mouth. The product is made from a polycarbonate material that is fairly durable, making it effective even for heavy teeth grinders. It reduces the painful symptoms of bruxism, allowing you to wear the guard during the night and awaken headache-free in the morning.
- Relieves symptoms of bruxism by preventing the upper and lower teeth from touching.
- Requires self-molding, as per the included instructions.
- Clear in color.
- Designed primarily for use during sleep.
- Recommended for use on the top teeth.
Pros & Cons
- Not too bulky, which is ideal for smaller mouths.
- The lack of bulk also enables you to sleep normally, with a closed mouth.
- The polycarbonate material of the guard enables it to be used even by quite heavy grinders.
- A two-for-one bonus pack is available for $12.15 on Amazon. This is far cheaper than having a dental guard made especially for you by a dentist.
- Clear instructions for usage are provided.
- Comes with a ventilated, ‘clam-shell’ case for hygiene.
- It is possible to re-mold this product, should you have any dental work done.
- Molding process can be time-consuming and tricky.
- The heating that is required in the molding process can cause an adverse reaction in those with temperature-sensitive teeth.
- The low melting temperature of the Thermo-Plastic means that it is possible to melt the product to the point where it is unusable, should you leave it too long in boiling water during the molding process.
- The flexibility of the material does mean that you can still make a grinding action in your sleep, leading to some jaw stress. This is nowhere near as bad, however, as sleeping without the dental guard.
- For comfort reasons, some people prefer a product that can be worn on either the upper or lower set of teeth.
We don’t actually sell any products at MouthGuardsForTeethGrinding.com, we just evaluate and review them. But we do look for the best dealers and prices on the internet and the best price for the Archtek Grind Guard seems to be found on
12105 W. Cedar Dr. Lakewood, CO 80228
View Larger Map
Reviews and Testimonials
We value your input and would appreciate learning about your experience and suggestions. Your own review and feedback would help other people with bruxism to chose the best guard for their needs.
These are the reviews and testimonials we received from the real users of the Archtek Grind Guard customers. We hope that they will help you decide if this is the right product for you.