You could consider washing the mouth guard with anti-bacterial hand soap, or other mild cleanser. Most people will do this in conjunction with other methods. This will help to kill any harmful bacteria that is hiding out in your mouth guard and will keep it clean. You can soap your mouth guard before or after you brush, just make sure that you are rinsing your mouth guard thoroughly before you put it away, or worse yet, back into your mouth.
This is only a basic method for cleaning your mouth guard. You should be doing more than this in order to ensure that the mouth guard lasts. Though you should be doing the above on a daily basis, it is highly recommended that you do some additional cleaning at least once a week. There are a number of suggested methods that you can use in order to ensure that your mouth guard is as clean as possible. When choosing a method to use in order to keep your mouth guard clean, it is important that you choose the method that best works for you and your lifestyle. This way, you will be sure that you can keep it up over the long haul.
The Recommended Methods For Cleaning Your Mouth Guard Include:
- Method#1 – Toothbrush and toothpaste – Learn More »
- Method#2 – Mouth Rinse – Learn More »
- Method#3 – Soap and Water (You are here)
- Method#4 – Mouth guard cleaning tablets – Learn More »
- Method#5 – Dental sanitizing devices – Learn More »
- Method#6 – Natural cleaning methods – Learn More »
- Method#7 – Professional dental cleaning – Learn More »
- Top 5 Dental Labs For Custom Mouth Guards - March 30, 2020
- denLAB Direct – Dental Lab Full Review - June 27, 2016
- SleepGuard Biofeedback Headband | Full Review - June 16, 2016