- Overall Rating:
- Price on Company’s Website: £14.95 – £19.99
- Available on: Shop now at Amazon
For UK customers.
ProWhite Direct ® Night Guard Description
ProWhite Direct is a manufacturer and supplier of custom dental and sports products and it sells almost exclusively through Amazon. It specialises in custom guards for your lower teeth and uses a soft, BPA-free EVA polymer that’s designed to support against teeth clenching and grinding.
The Bolton-based company promises a quick dispatch and has lived up to this for every review we’ve come across. There is only one true model though you’ll have your choice of colours and one clear option also has a mint flavouring added.
It’s a standard boil-and-bite option, but the price and company backing make it a good choice for many.
ProWhite Direct offers a single line of custom-fit mouth guards to help with bruxism and clenching. However, the company says that it offers a variety of devices for dental offices and labs, so it has experience to back up its claims about providing dentist-quality devices at a reduced price.
No matter which device you order in its line, you’ll get the simple Home Impression Kit that can make the whole processes much easier. Their goal is to help as many people who suffer from bruxism – up to 12% of the U.K. population – as simply and cheaply as possible
ProWhite uses a boil-and-bite system where you make the guards yourself at home. For advanced needs or specific options outside of bruxism, it also offers guards that are made with impressions sent off to its lab. For this type of protection, you’ll need to contact the company directly.
When ordering from ProWhite Direct, your main choice is colour. You can pick from a clear, neon pink, neon green, neon yellow, or neon orange guard. You can also forgo the bright colours in favour of a clear device that has a mint-flavoured coating.
All of the coloured options will cost £19.99, while the clear option is £16.99. Surprisingly, the clear option that has the mint flavouring is just £14.95.
The product will be sent direct to your delivery address just follow the instructions to produce a night guard. The company promises it is “quick and easy with no extra fuss.”
Creating Your Impression
Before you create the mouth guard, it’s recommended to review all of the literature that comes with your home kit. All of its dental guards for bruxism support are the boil-and-bite style. Some users have reported getting additional instructions about taking an impression and sending a mould through the post, but this is only for the company’s sport mouth guards.
Your package will include boil-and-bite tray for the lower teeth only, a set of instructions, and a case to store the guard in. You’ll also need a bowl of boiling water and a bowl of cool water.
To create your guard, follow these simple steps:
- Place the guard in boiling water and leave it there for approximately 15 seconds.
- Dip it into cool water until it is at a comfortable temperature.
- Using a mirror, align the guard with your mouth by moving its centre to the centre of your teeth.
- Fit the guard over your teeth and bite down firmly.
- Suck in to remove moisture and help the guard fit to your teeth.
- Keep it in place for 20 seconds.
- Remove it from your mouth and rinse it in cold water.
- Test the fit. If the fit isn’t right, you can repeat these steps until it is comfortable.
The guard will end up approximately 2.5mm thick. If you need a larger or smaller size, contact the company directly and they will ship out a special model for you.
Pros & Cons
- Inexpensive, even for boil-and-bite models.
- Easy to create.
- Made for the lower teeth so the guard is easier to use for many.
- Many users say it provides a lot of relief for both grinding and clenching.
- You can cut down the sides to make it fit better.
- Best for smaller mouths.
- Some find the guard too small and say it pops out during the night. To address this, you may want to contact the company about getting a larger sized guard.
- Mint taste doesn’t appear to last long.
- Some say this is too thin to help.
ProWhite Direct makes a wide range of good dental products and this guard will help with any bruxism and clenching problems you may be experiencing. The guard is a little small and thin, so it’s best for those with small mouths and light to medium-grinding problems, but most say it gives a lot of relief when it fits. It is quick to create and easy to use, so it’s earned high marks in all the right places.
We don’t actually sell any products at MouthGuardsForTeethGrinding.com, we just evaluate and review them. But we do look for the best dealers and prices on the internet and the best price for the ProWhite Direct dental guard seems to be found at Amazon.co.uk
Reviews and Testimonials
We value your input and would appreciate learning about your experience and suggestions. Your own review and feedback would help other people with bruxism to chose the best guard for their needs. These are the reviews and testimonials we received from the real users of the ProWhite Direct dental guard customers. We hope that they will help you decide if this is the right product for you.
- Top 5 Dental Labs For Custom Mouth Guards - March 30, 2020
- denLAB Direct – Dental Lab Full Review - June 27, 2016
- SleepGuard Biofeedback Headband | Full Review - June 16, 2016
I had my tooth moulds come last week .I went to use them last night and the bottom mould had 6 one side and 7 the other the mould did not reach gum line all together I have32 teeth the topwhere ok they had 14teeth i am very disappointed and either want money back or it put right thanks.