- Overall Rating:
- Price on Company’s Website: $1-$1.5 for one guard
(Pack available in 10/14/20/34 units)
- Available on: Shop now at Amazon
Plackers Grind-No-More Night Protectors – Description
Plackers Grind-No-More Dental Night Protectors are among the most hygienic dental guards on the market. They are disposable, and available in packs of ten, over the counter. Each disposable Night Protector comes individually wrapped and lasts for up to three days. Contoured bite plates add a barrier of protection between the upper and lower molars, preventing bruxism (unconscious teeth grinding) while you sleep. The Grind-No-More® Night Protector can be worn on either the upper or lower teeth, depending entirely on your comfort. This reduces symptoms including headaches, jaw pain, tooth chipping and enamel damage.
Traditionally, to fit a dental guard at home, you need to boil the appliance to soften it. You are then required to bite into the heated material, in order to mold it to the shape of your teeth. There is often cutting required also. This is time consuming and sometimes quite difficult to accomplish perfectly. The ready-made design of the Grind-No-More Dental Protector enables you to skip this entire process.
- Worn on the upper or lower teeth while you sleep.
- Disposable product, available in packs of 10, 14,20 and 34.
- A packaging container is provided for storage.
- Light, flexible but hard in texture.
- Not designed as a tightly fitting product, but still constructed in a way that minimizes its movement inside your mouth during sleep.
Pros & Cons
- The dental guards come individually wrapped in packs of 10. This ensures a germ-free product.
- This is a very hygienic device, as consumers can replace it every 2-3 days.
- Extremely easy to clean. Simply rinse in cold water or mouthwash and store in the case provided with your purchase.
- The product is light enough for you to talk freely while you are wearing it.
- These disposable dental guards are available over the counter and at a far cheaper price than a custom-made mouth guard from the dentist.
- Simply too lightweight for use by heavy grinders.
- Some consumers with small mouths reported that this product is too large for their mouth, and therefore somewhat uncomfortable.
Plackers Brand Office: Ranir, LLC, 12730 High Bluff Drive, Suite 110, San Diego, CA 92130
View Larger Map
Reviews and Testimonials
We value your input and would appreciate learning about your experience and suggestions. Your own review and feedback would help other people with bruxism to chose the best guard for their needs. These are the reviews and testimonials we received from the real users of the Plackers Grind-No-More® Dental Night Protectors customers. We hope that they will help you decide if this is the right product for you.
- Top 5 Dental Labs For Custom Mouth Guards - March 30, 2020
- denLAB Direct – Dental Lab Full Review - June 27, 2016
- SleepGuard Biofeedback Headband | Full Review - June 16, 2016
Didn’t fit my mouth nor help in any way complete waste of money
anyone know if anyone ever choked to death on these things? I use them but am afraid to choke??
I’ve been using the same one for about a month even though the instructions say it’s only good for 3 or so days. There’s no deterioration in the mouth-guard, and I would like to know if I can continue using the same one. I wash it every morning with soap and water. This is far cheaper than replacing it so often.
Similar story. Paid big bucks for a dentist-provided night guard. Ended up slobbering all over my pillow and bed and not sleeping well. Quit using it. Chipped several teeth due to grinding. Got crowns. $$$. Then my hygienist suggested these and… miracle of miracles – the damn things work.
Recommended if you can’t handle the other type.
I was using these for a few years. I started having jaw locking and pain. My facial surgeon told me to not use these as they offer no protection. I had to switch to one of the more bulky ones which I was not happy about but my jaw pain and locking stopped.
Wore it about 2 months then suddenly got some tinnitus. Realized my jaw was really tense/tight and that my lower jaw was closer to my upper jaw and my mouth couldn’t open as wide. Bummer. Stopped wearing the Plackers and tinnitus went away. Couldn’t handle the Doctor’s Best so don’t know what to do know. I’ve really grinded my teeth badly since stopping all guards.
Plackers Grind No More may appear to be a good product at first, it does not stay in place as advertised, it causes more grinding as it slips out of place and caused one of my teeth to crack at the root. This tooth had to be extracted and I will now require a $5,000.00 dental implant.
I’m not one of those people who can afford to shell out huge amount of money for a piece of plastic to protect my teeth. At the same time, my teeth grinding was getting so bad that I had to do something. I tried several models that had to be boiled to be fitted, but they did not work out. Some were too rough, others would fall out of my mouth in the middle of the night. Then I came across Plackers grind no more disposable teeth guards and I found what I was looking for: thin, light, flexible and very comfortable, this guard adjusts to your mouth automatically once it heats to your body temperature. Very cool. The fact that they are disposable is fantastic, so I do not have to worry about my dog eating mine. And my morning headache are almost gone.
The Plackers Grind no more works! I’ve been using it for about a year now and I am very satisfied. Perfect combination of quality, comfort and price. Good job.
It took me a long time to admit that my teeth grinding was making me sick. I used to sleep poorly and would wake up with pain in the jaw and horrible headaches. My dentist suggested a custom mouth guard and asked $600 for it. Once I found that my insurance did not cover mouth guards, I tried whatever was available in my local pharmacy. Most products were too bulky and would hurt my cheeks and jaws. Then I tried Plackers Grind no more and it was like my prayers were answered. This guard is slim and it adjusts itself once it warms to a body temperature. I love the fact that they are disposable, so much cleaner than the other models. I am very happy with this product and would gladly recommend it to all teeth grinders out there.