- Overall Rating:
- Price on Company’s Website: £5.99-£19.99
- Available on: Shop now at Amazon
For UK customers.
Mammoth XT ® Mouth Guards Description
Mammoth XT is a dental supplement and healthcare company that makes a wide range of devices to help your teeth live happy, healthy lives.
Along with its dental cleaning and anti-snoring guards, Mammoth has two mouth guard options to help reduce TMJ disorder pain and the pain or damage done by bruxism. These boil-and-bite guards are suitable for day and night time use.
The Mammoth XT mouth guards are a customizable, boil-and-bite design that uses Ethylene Vinyl Acetate, making them relatively sturdy and good for medium grinders and clenching. You have your choice between a simpler, flavoured mouth guard or a pair of clear, slightly stronger guards, both of which help with TMJ pain and can be used for men, women and older children. Mammoth says that the guards can help you address specific problems, including:
- jaw disorders
- damaged teeth
- wearing down teeth
- chipped teeth
- muscle damage
- chewed tongues and cheeks
The level of your protection and need should guide your choice for the guard.
Bruxism Mouth Guard and Sleep Gum Shield
Mammoth XT offers four different colours and flavours for its Bruxism Grinding Teeth Mouth Guard and Sleep Gum Shield line of boil-and-bite mouth guards. These guards can be used during the day or at night and they’re large enough to offer you significant protection of your gums as you sleep. Current options for these guards are:
- White guard that’s unflavoured
- Bright green guard with a spearmint flavour
- Black guard with a blackcurrant flavour
- Red guard with a strawberry flavour
These guards are designed to fit over your entire row of teeth, whether you make it for the upper or lower teeth, and also provide a layer of protection around your gums. Mammoth XT says that the guard absorbs and dampens the clenching and easing of TMJ pain and most customers say it will offer protection if you’re a light to medium grinder or clencher.
The product you buy for roughly £5.99 will come with a single guard and a case for your guard. The company says that it typically offers free delivery for orders in the UK if they are over £10, so you’ll need to order two to get the deal. A few customers have noted that buying two guards ended up being cheaper and had a quicker delivery time.
To create these guards, you’ll get a full set of instructions that give you the specifics around four main steps:
- Place your guard in a large, heat-safe bowl.
- Heat water to around 70 degrees and pour it into the bowl.
- Let the guard sit for a small amount of time and then remove it from the water.
- Let it cool for a few seconds and then place it in your mouth, lined up with the centre of your teeth.
Mammoth XT Pair of Teeth Grinding Mouth Night Guards
If you have a more significant bruxism problem, you may find more relief from the two-guard set sold by Mammoth. These guards also use the boil-and-bite system but they’re designed to accommodate severe clenching while still protecting your gums and tooth structure.
Customers report more relief from TMJ disorders when using this set.
The £19.99 price for two, with free delivery in the UK, has also proved to be a good deal for customers since they’re getting a longer-lasting relief period. Like its bruxism guard, these offer similar protections and prevent the distress bruxism places on your sleep. However, these do not come in flavoured options.
The creation process is also slightly different for these two grinding guards. It’s a three-step process that you’ll need to use for each guard.
1. Boil water and dip the guard into the boiling water by holding on to its front grip tab.
2. Pull the guard out after a small amount of time, generally 15 to 30 seconds, and then place it in your mouth. Bite firmly to set the guard.
3. Lastly, after the guard has set, cut off the grip tab and any excess edges. Your guard is now ready to use.
Pros & Cons:
- Reduces pain and crunching noise for many customers.
- Cheap price and good quality.
- Can be remoulded if needed.
- Company is quick to award refunds if there is any problem.
- Easy-to-follow instructions.
- Most users enjoy the flavouring.
- Too bulky for some users, but it can be trimmed down.
- Flavoured guards are too thick for some users to close their mouths.
- Flavoured guards are difficult to mould for some, though users say boiling for longer than the instructions has helped.
- Flavoured guards have a mixed rating with dentists.
Mammoth XT is a dental lab company that hasn’t been heard of by most consumers because it previously created goods specifically for dental offices. The move into the consumer space has been successful and led to a couple of good products. The Pair of Teeth Grinding Mouth Night Guards appears to be a more comfortable and low-profile option but consumers say that both give good relief from bruxism and clenching. It’s best to pair your need with the support that each gives to avoid an unnecessarily bulky solution.
We don’t actually sell any products at MouthGuardsForTeethGrinding.com, we just evaluate and review them. But we do look for the best dealers and prices on the internet and the best price for the Mammoth XT Mouth Guards seems to be found at Amazon.co.uk
Reviews and Testimonials
We value your input and would appreciate learning about your experience and suggestions. Your own review and feedback would help other people with bruxism to chose the best guard for their needs. These are the reviews and testimonials we received from the real users of the Mammoth XT Night Guards customers. We hope that they will help you decide if this is the right product for you.