- Overall Rating:
- Price on Company’s Website: $13.95 – $17.24
- Available on: Shop now at Amazon
Doctor’s NightGuard – Advanced Comfort Description
Up to 95% of the population grinds their teeth, which exerts 200lb of pressure nightly! Over time, this causes enormous damage.
The Doctor’s NightGuard Advanced Comfort Dental Protector fits over your upper teeth to prevent teeth grinding while you sleep.
Its patented design has an inner layer made from soft material to cushion the teeth and absorb shock. Its firm outer layer protects against bite-through and prevents grinding.
How it Works
- Step 1 – Bring at least 3 inches of water to a rolling boil in a pot. Continue boiling for 1 minute, and place the dental protector carefully into the water, channel side down.
- Step 2 – Wait 50 seconds.
- Step 3 – N.B. To guarantee a proper fit, you must bite into the soft material 20 seconds after removing it from the boiling water. Use a timer for accuracy.
- Step 4 – Using a slotted spoon or fork, retrieve the dental protector from the water. Place on a plate, channel side up. Start timer for 20 seconds.
- Step 5 – Immediately pick up dental protector. Grasp the hard underside; do not touch the sticky top material.
- Step 6 – Use a mirror and put dental protector into your mouth. Put the tips of the front teeth as close as possible to the front of the dental protector. Firmly hold the teeth in place against the protector.
- Step 7 – When the timer reaches 20 seconds, bite down with the rest of your teeth until they contact the bottom of the dental protector. Continue biting down.
- Step 8 – Keep the mouth closed and suck in strongly to draw the plastic material up to the roof of the mouth and onto the sides of the teeth. Use your tongue to help push the material upwards. Open your mouth and mold the material firmly around all areas of the teeth, using your thumbs.
- Step 9 – Wait 30 seconds with the dental protector in place on your teeth, biting down on it and periodically creating a suction. You have successfully completed the molding process when the dental protector remains locked in place. The soft material will have sufficiently cooled, fitting the shape of your teeth.
- The patented 2-layer design, created by a dentist, has a soft, upper layer to cushion teeth and a hard, lower layer to guard against bite-through and prevent grinding.
- Dental guard is available in different sizes.
- Customers mold the dental guard at home.
- Dental guard comes with a storage container.
- Available in “Classic” (one size fits all) or “Advanced Comfort” design (more flexible, slimmer model: even gentler on the mouth and easier to trim if needed).
Pros & Cons:
- At under $20, the Doctor’s NightGuard™ Advanced Comfort dental guard is exponentially cheaper than a visit to your dentist to mold a similar device.
- The product was designed by a dentist, which assures customers that it is legitimate.
- The product is available in different sizes and is easily trimmed for a perfect fit.
- The patented design maximizes both effectiveness and comfort.
- The slimness and flexibility of the material used in the guard allow you to sleep normally with your mouth closed.
- The dental protector is somewhat tricky to mold and requires some patience. However, you can easily go back and repeat the process from the beginning, should you make a mistake.
- The product is so much cheaper than an equivalent dental guard from a dentist’s surgery that the tiny inconvenience of the molding process is worth it.
- There is no face-to-face time with a dental technician, however, the product was created by dentist and has a unique, patented design.
We don’t actually sell any products at MouthGuardsForTeethGrinding.com, we just evaluate and review them. But we do look for the best dealers and prices on the internet and the best price for the Doctors Night Guard seems to be found at Amazon.
Reviews and Testimonials
We value your input and would appreciate learning about your experience and suggestions. Your own review and feedback would help other people with bruxism to chose the best guard for their needs. These are the reviews and testimonials we received from the real users of The Doctor’s Night Guard customers. We hope that they will help you decide if this is the right product for you.