- Overall Rating:
- Price on Company’s Website: $13.95 – $17.24
- Available on: Shop now at Amazon
Doctor’s NightGuard – Advanced Comfort Description
Up to 95% of the population grinds their teeth, which exerts 200lb of pressure nightly! Over time, this causes enormous damage.
The Doctor’s NightGuard Advanced Comfort Dental Protector fits over your upper teeth to prevent teeth grinding while you sleep.
Its patented design has an inner layer made from soft material to cushion the teeth and absorb shock. Its firm outer layer protects against bite-through and prevents grinding.
How it Works
- Step 1 – Bring at least 3 inches of water to a rolling boil in a pot. Continue boiling for 1 minute, and place the dental protector carefully into the water, channel side down.
- Step 2 – Wait 50 seconds.
- Step 3 – N.B. To guarantee a proper fit, you must bite into the soft material 20 seconds after removing it from the boiling water. Use a timer for accuracy.
- Step 4 – Using a slotted spoon or fork, retrieve the dental protector from the water. Place on a plate, channel side up. Start timer for 20 seconds.
- Step 5 – Immediately pick up dental protector. Grasp the hard underside; do not touch the sticky top material.
- Step 6 – Use a mirror and put dental protector into your mouth. Put the tips of the front teeth as close as possible to the front of the dental protector. Firmly hold the teeth in place against the protector.
- Step 7 – When the timer reaches 20 seconds, bite down with the rest of your teeth until they contact the bottom of the dental protector. Continue biting down.
- Step 8 – Keep the mouth closed and suck in strongly to draw the plastic material up to the roof of the mouth and onto the sides of the teeth. Use your tongue to help push the material upwards. Open your mouth and mold the material firmly around all areas of the teeth, using your thumbs.
- Step 9 – Wait 30 seconds with the dental protector in place on your teeth, biting down on it and periodically creating a suction. You have successfully completed the molding process when the dental protector remains locked in place. The soft material will have sufficiently cooled, fitting the shape of your teeth.
- The patented 2-layer design, created by a dentist, has a soft, upper layer to cushion teeth and a hard, lower layer to guard against bite-through and prevent grinding.
- Dental guard is available in different sizes.
- Customers mold the dental guard at home.
- Dental guard comes with a storage container.
- Available in “Classic” (one size fits all) or “Advanced Comfort” design (more flexible, slimmer model: even gentler on the mouth and easier to trim if needed).
Pros & Cons:
- At under $20, the Doctor’s NightGuard™ Advanced Comfort dental guard is exponentially cheaper than a visit to your dentist to mold a similar device.
- The product was designed by a dentist, which assures customers that it is legitimate.
- The product is available in different sizes and is easily trimmed for a perfect fit.
- The patented design maximizes both effectiveness and comfort.
- The slimness and flexibility of the material used in the guard allow you to sleep normally with your mouth closed.
- The dental protector is somewhat tricky to mold and requires some patience. However, you can easily go back and repeat the process from the beginning, should you make a mistake.
- The product is so much cheaper than an equivalent dental guard from a dentist’s surgery that the tiny inconvenience of the molding process is worth it.
- There is no face-to-face time with a dental technician, however, the product was created by dentist and has a unique, patented design.
We don’t actually sell any products at MouthGuardsForTeethGrinding.com, we just evaluate and review them. But we do look for the best dealers and prices on the internet and the best price for the Doctors Night Guard seems to be found at Amazon.
Reviews and Testimonials
We value your input and would appreciate learning about your experience and suggestions. Your own review and feedback would help other people with bruxism to chose the best guard for their needs. These are the reviews and testimonials we received from the real users of The Doctor’s Night Guard customers. We hope that they will help you decide if this is the right product for you.
- Top 5 Dental Labs For Custom Mouth Guards - March 30, 2020
- denLAB Direct – Dental Lab Full Review - June 27, 2016
- SleepGuard Biofeedback Headband | Full Review - June 16, 2016
Waste of money. This is the second one i bought in several years. I could never either one to fit properly.
BEFORE I GIVE MY REVIEW BUDDY I DONT KNOW THOSE PEOPLE! I”D LIKE TO SAY THAT THE DOCTORS NIGHT GUARD WAS AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT AND A GOOD INVESTMENT!!! I”VE NEVER WORE ONE BEFORE AND I DIDN’T KNOW I NEEDED ONE UNTIL I WENT TO THE DENTIST!!! THEY SAID I NEEDED TO GET ONE RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE MY TEETH WERE WEARING DOWN FROM GRINDING MY TEETH!!! SO TAKE IT FROM ME IM JUST A BLUE COLLAR WORKER THAT DOESN”T HAVE ALOT OF MONEY TO BUY ONE FROM THE DENTIST!! SO MY FINAL WORDS ARE I LOVE IT AND I RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE OUT THERES!!! I BOUGHT MINE AT WALMART HERE IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA ,, IT WAS VERY AFFORDABLE!!! DON’T LISTEN TO THE DUDE WITH THE NEGATIVE REVIEW BECAUSE IM TELLING YOU IT WAORKS FOR ME!!
Important Information – Safety Warning
Do not use:
If you are under 18 years of age.
If you wear braces, dentures, or other dental products.
If you can wiggle any of your teeth.
If your dentist told you that you have TMJ.
If you have any tooth or jaw pain, or pain with bruxing or tooth grinding.
As an athletic mouth guard. Product does not absorb shock.
For more than three months without consulting your dentist.
See product labeling for full warnings and cautions
Can you use this with braces or no?
Very disappointed what a waste of time and money I guess will have to find something better. And there has to be something better out there.
Can a 7yr old use this? My son grinds his teeth really badly and we’re not sure what to use for him.
Worse nightgaurd ever. Extremely bulky and uncomfirortable and difficult to fit. I can’t close my mouth with it. The disposable grind no more is better. I have never commented on a review for anything in my life, but was so dissapointed I felt the need to vent. Waste of money.
couldnt get it fit right so called the company and they sent check to cover my cost. sure, it took a few calls but in the end, they did the right thing.
I never got it fitted properly. I contacted them to get the replacement their “warranty” covers, they even said I would receive it in a few weeks.
It’s been 2-3 years and still nothing. Bull**** warranty. Bad product. Not worth the price.
Sorry, hated it- Above reviews, sound like B.S. to me- Are they “friends” of the Company?I fit it fine but it’s very bulky- gag inducing & extremely uncomfortable- Not able to
fall asleep with that in your mouth.
I clench my teeth very heavily, so I was amazed how comfortable and effective the Doctor’s Night Guard Advance was. If you have to adjust it to fit you better, I suggest to cut a small piece at the time. File rough edges with a nail file. Well worth the money.
I had a great custom guard, but my dog ate it. I cannot afford a new one, so I decided to try one size fits all. To my surprise, I find that Doctor’s Night Guard fits as well as my old custom guard. Be careful with the fitting, it is worth taking some time to make it right. It can be tricky.
If you are an unlucky person who grinds teeth every night, I would highly recommend The Doctor’s Night Guard. It fits well and it molds to your teeth and it will keep your teeth from touching and grinding. What more can you want? Great product for very little money.
I was so used to disappointing mouth guards that this one surprised me. It takes a little work to make it to fit, but it is worth it. After you get used to it, it is very comfortable.
This is a perfect mouth guard for people with small mouths. I tried many other models and they were all too big for me. I did not expect The Doctor’s Night Guard to work so well, so I was really blown away. It does nor fall off at night and it is very comfortable to wear. If you have to wear night guard, this is the right one.