- Overall Rating:
- Price on Company’s Website: £29.97
- Available on: Shop now at Amazon
For UK customers.
2PLUS2 Mouth Guard Description
The 2Plus2 Shop UK sells a variety of mouth guards for bruxism and teeth whitening as well as general dental supplies such as orthodontic retainer cases and denture boxes.
The company says that its mouth guards are made exclusively for 2Plus2, and they seem to be of a high-quality thermoforming design. There guards are factory sealed and Amazon UK fulfils all the shipping, so you won’t interact with 2Plus2 directly for much.
The company is fairly hard to track down and prefers to send consumers to
Amazon to resolve issues, so our review and information is based largely on consumer reviews, both their likes and gripes.
The single product from 2Plus2 is its 2PLUS2(TM) Pair of Night Guards Mouth Guards for Bruxism. The pair of thermoforming mouth guards can be used for your top and bottom teeth, though some consumers have found great success in making two moulds for a single row. This has allowed them to have two guards and still get some of the bruxism relief.
However, if you create two moulds of the same row, you may end up trading some comfort for the longer lifespan since only one guard can provide cushion and only one gets worn down.
The devices are designed to help with bruxism and clenching, allowing you to avoid problems such as insomnia, sore jaws, aching teeth, and gum disease. The company has previously sold some devices for use during sports, but these are a separate set of guards.
Device and Price
2Plus2 only offers a single mouth guard for bruxism, so the price is typically just £29.97 and shipping in the UK is free. The company says that the device retails at £50, though most websites including Amazon offer it for under £30
The good bit about its price is that you get two separate thermoforming mouth guards in every package. These are moulded in the traditional method and most users say that they are easy to create. Some users have reported slightly different instructions, so we’ve provided a general guide to the thermoforming process for mouth guards.
Generally, your steps will be similar to these:
- Place the guard in boiling water and leave it there for approximately 15 to 30 seconds.
- Dip it into cool water or let it rest until it is cool enough to touch comfortably.
- Align the guard with your teeth and then fit it over them.
- Bite firmly and suck in deeply to remove moisture and form the guard.
- Keep it in place for 30 seconds.
- Remove it from your mouth and rinse it in cold water.
- Test the fit. Repeat these steps if it is uncomfortable.
Users overwhelmingly say the process is simple and the instructions are very clear. You won’t get any surprise here, so it’s a solid product to pick up.
Be sure you’re ordering the device set that contains the case and shows you the blue packaging. The brand sells some replacement parts for a cheaper pricing and users have mistaken these for the full guards.
The company has a specific warning about how the product is to be used and how not to use it. It notes that you should not use these guards if you suffer from the following conditions or use the following equipment:
- loose teeth,
- currently losing teeth
- several missing teeth,
- advanced periodontal disease,
- unhealthy teeth or gums,
- a bridge,
- dental implants within the last year,
- wear braces, or
- wear dentures
Pros & Cons
- Easy to mould.
- Extra bits trim off easily.
- Works as well as an expensive dentist model.
- Great price
- Very comfortable
- Doesn’t cause drooling
- Too short for some users.
- Might be too thin for heavy clenching
- Takes a little while to get used to
- Some users say the moulded shape does not hold well.
- Not always easy to reform
The 2PLUS2(TM) Pair of Night Guards Mouth Guards for Bruxism consistently rate in the top 5 products for dental guards and grinding help on Amazon UK largely because of the overwhelmingly positive response from users. The guards are easy to form, inexpensive, and orders are filled by Amazon, so it’s easy to recommend these highly. Be careful to follow the instructions, but you get a spare for the same great price so it’s a worthwhile investment.
We don’t actually sell any products at MouthGuardsForTeethGrinding.com, we just evaluate and review them. But we do look for the best dealers and prices on the internet and the best price for the 2PLUS2(TM) Pair of Night Guards seems to be found on Amazon.co.uk
Reviews and Testimonials
We value your input and would appreciate learning about your experience and suggestions. Your own review and feedback would help other people with bruxism to chose the best guard for their needs. These are the reviews and testimonials we received from the real users of the 2PLUS2(TM) Night Guards customers. We hope that they will help you decide if this is the right product for you.
- Top 5 Dental Labs For Custom Mouth Guards - March 30, 2020
- denLAB Direct – Dental Lab Full Review - June 27, 2016
- SleepGuard Biofeedback Headband | Full Review - June 16, 2016